Hi, I’m Christine. I’m an empowerment coach, writer and lightworker.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve been a “glass half full” person. I believe in being positive: life is precious, there’s no point in wasting energy on complaints and judgment.
I believe that every person on this planet has boundless potential. I appreciate honesty, even when it hurts. And beauty is all around us – even on the toughest of days – if we look hard enough.
Let’s pause for a moment, though. This page isn’t just about me, it’s about YOU – because as lightworkers, we’re here to make a difference in the world. We each have a special combination of gifts, experiences and perspectives that no one else has – or will ever have – and if we don’t share them, the world will miss out. And the world needs us to shine our light brightly right now.
But let’s be honest. Although it’s a gift to be on Earth at this time and there is beauty in everything (the joys and the lessons), the lightworker’s path is challenging.
Maybe one of these statements resonates…
- You’ve spent your life meeting others’ expectations (and your own), but now it’s more important to you to honour the calling of your soul.
- You feel called to do your important work in the world, but you’re afraid to step into your power and be all of who you are… and to share your truth with the people in your life.
- You’re leaping towards your dream life, but you find that as soon as you make progress, fears, self-doubts, self-worth issues and limiting beliefs pop up and block your path.
I understand, and I can help.
You see, I’ve been there. I spent so much time and effort over the years trying to be perfect, do the right thing, make others happy and live up to expectations that I lost sight of what I truly wanted for myself. I had lost touch with my inner wisdom.
I put my all into whatever I did, personally and professionally, but nothing called to me. I felt lost. I began to wonder if I’d ever live a life of meaning, a life I loved, or if that was out of reach for me entirely. I felt a huge call to make a positive difference in the world, but had no idea what that looked like.
So though I’ve always been positive, I haven’t always been joyful. In fact, I felt empty and unfulfilled for about 20 years. I’ve waded through some pretty thick muck of unrealized potential, self-doubt, frustration, emptiness, and then guilt for not simply being content with my life.
But I’m grateful for that journey because it’s led me through many important lessons and to who I am today. And it’s brought me here… to you.
Fast forward to recent years
Thankfully, my soul decided it was time for me to stop flailing about and start moving forward. Its inner whispers became loud and insistent and I had to pay attention.
In 2011, when I was on maternity leave with my second son, I knew I had to finally do something about the persistent aching void I’d been experiencing. So I met with a life coach.
She led me on a journey within to figure out what’s deeply important to me and to uncover my purpose. It was life-changing – I felt like I was finally coming home to me. My whole world started opening up.
After that I started blogging, participated in a number of empowering mastermind groups (also life-changing) and became a coach myself. It’s been a beautiful journey that has led me in incredible directions I couldn’t have imagined. I feel fulfilled in a way I didn’t know was possible for me.
And somewhere along the way, I discovered something deeply important. I want to empower lightworkers to realize they are amazing and have the power to change the world.
So that’s what I’m doing! I received my coach training certification with the Center for Strategic Intervention. And in my work, much of my approach comes from personal experience and my developing spirituality and intuition.
I would now be honoured to guide you onto a path of your choosing – not a path you’re on because you’ve walked it for years or because you feel you should walk it, but one that feels right in your soul.
To find out more about working with me, click here.
Some random stuff about me
I’m a big kid at heart. Luckily my amazing husband, Chris, is a big kid too. We’re proud parents to two wonderful and energetic young boys and a very sweet kitty named Bella.
I love hiking, travel and adventure, trees, road trips and the wind in my hair. I love the ocean and mountains, and the energy of a big city. Oh, and I love deep belly laughs and spirited conversations.
Some experiences along my path
It’s been an interesting ride and quite the circuitous route. I love that, because all of my experiences help me help you. Here are some of the things I’ve achieved or experienced along the way.
- A double major in English and Anthropology from University of Toronto
- An archaeological dig in Belize
- Corporate and non-corporate work in my early days: telecommunications, hospitality, TV production and group savings/insurance
- Pushing past terror on the West Coast Trail
- Swimming with sea turtles in Kauai
- A postgrad education in public relations
- Marie Forleo’s B-School
- 13+ years working in communications for a healthcare IT firm.
- One of my favourite things is dancing crazily around the living room with my boys
- I’ve often been caught singing when I didn’t even realize it, like when browsing in stores. (not belting out show tunes, mind you, but singing nonetheless)
- I experienced a lot of motion sickness as a kid. Because of that, it was best (for everyone) if I avoided motion simulator rides. Here’s a post about an embarrassing bus ride in Spain.
(Hmmmm… maybe the motion sickness bit was too much information. We’ll leave it at that for now).
Welcome to Your Inspired Life!